From:
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 2004 16:26:04 -0400
Subject:        GIS location number on USGS maps
Date:   Mon, 20 Sep 2004 11:35:36 -0700
From:   Kollen, Chris <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

Hi:

A friend of mine at another library wrote asking for help answering the
following question:

I have a couple of students who are looking for a USGS quadrangle map
online that shows the GIS location number. They have a photocopy of a
map of a contiguous area with the location number 8H18264, but they need
the map immediately southwest of that quad.  Do you know where we might
get this? I have tried numerous sections of the USGS site, and some
other sites, but to no avail.

I've never heard of a GIS location number.  Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

Chris Kollen

Chris Kollen,  Geography and Sociology Librarian
University of Arizona Library
P.O. Box 210055
Tucson, AZ   85721-0055
(520) 621-4869