From:
Linda Zellmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Mar 1994 14:40:29 EST
Colleagues:
    I have two photos of some very interesing maps that would be an
interesting exercise for ANY map cataloger (or an interesting
cataloging exercise for a map librarianship class).  The "maps" are
photos of pictoglyph maps of the Bears Fork of the Green River and
the Green River basin in Wyoming.
    They could be classified as Green River basin maps (G 4262 .G73)
Date is pre-1492 (there are no horses on the pictoglyph). The
Bear River Valley map would have to be subcuttered (it shows
mountain goats near the Green River, so maybe .D4?). Source
would probably have to be anonymous.  I am having enlargements made
to add to our map collection, and may also do some tracings.  Just
thought this might be an amusing cataloging tale.  Linda Zellmer