From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2008 08:13:19 -0600
Subject:        someone looking for "venice of america" map
Date:   Fri, 08 Feb 2008 16:36:45 -0800
From:   Greg Armento <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps and Air Photo Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

Hello everyone:

I have someone researcher who is looking for a Venice, CA map. They
describe it as:

The map  reads in top right corner:
Venice of America
Nearest Beach point to Los Angeles
On the shores of the Pacific Ocean
Venice of America
Information Bureau
216 West Fourth Street
Hotel Angelus
Los Angeles  Cal.

I identified a google earth overlay that seems to have this map on it.
Anyone know the source? I have attached a link to this image.

Here is an OCLC record for a map which I think may be it. (Unfortunately
the record has no holdings). Does anyone know if they have a copy of it?
They would like to view original, not a reprint or book reproduction.

Title:              Venice of America ....
Corp Author(s):     Abbot Kinney Company.
Publication:        Venice, Cal.,
Year:               1910s
Language:           English
SUBJECT(S)
Geographic:         Venice (Los Angeles, Calif.) -- Maps.
Map Info:           Scale not given.
Note(s):            Insets: table giving prices of lots; map showing
                    surrounding area.
Document Type:      Map
Entry:              20000322
Update:             20071029
Accession No:       OCLC:               81602536
Database:           WorldCat

Thanks. Greg Armento