From:
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 2004 10:48:40 -0400
Subject: The Oxford Seminars in Cartography - field trip 2004/05
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 14:31:11 +0100 (GMT Standard Time)
From: Nick Millea <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]

------------------
Apologies for cross-posting.

THE OXFORD SEMINARS IN CARTOGRAPHY
FIELD TRIP 2004/05

This year's field trip will take place on Thursday 14 October at 5pm.

Dr Emilie Savage-Smith, Curator of the current Bodleian Library
exhibition 'Medieval views of the cosmos: mapping earth and sky
at the time of the Book of Curiosities' will guide TOSCA guests
on a private tour around this superb cartographic exhibition.

We will meet in the Old Schools Quadrangle at the Bodleian for a 5pm
start.

If you wish to attend, please let me know in advance as numbers are
limited (contact details below).

***********
Dates for your diaries:

WEDNESDAY 10 November
12th anniversary TOSCA dinner [cost 20 pounds] to follow Jeremy Black
(University of Exeter) talking on 'Maps and history'.
More details in the next week ...........

Our other speakers for 2004/05 will be Mike Heffernan (University of
Nottingham) talking on First World War propaganda maps, and Rob Watts
(University of Bournemouth / Digi-Data Technologies Ltd) talking on
the Gough Map.
Dates for these two seminars will be announced shortly.

The Oxford Seminars in Cartography are supported by The Friends of
TOSCA, ESRI (UK) Ltd, Oxford Cartographers, and the School of
Geography and the Environment, University of Oxford

Nick Millea
Map Librarian, Bodleian Library, Broad Street, Oxford, OX1 3BG
tel:      01865 287119
fax:     01865 277139
email: [log in to unmask]

homepage: http://www.bodley.ox.ac.uk/guides/maps/