From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 16 Sep 2009 07:58:08 -0500
Subject:        Looking for topographic maps of Great Abaco Island, Bahamas
Date:   Tue, 15 Sep 2009 16:59:49 -0700
From:   Kollen, Chris <[log in to unmask]>
To:     <[log in to unmask]>

Hi:

I’m working with an architecture student who is doing his master’s
project on an area in the Great Abaco Island in the Bahamas. He’s
looking for fairly detailed topographic maps and possibly a nautical
chart, although he’d go up 1:100,000 scale. When I did a search in
WorldCat, I didn’t see anything smaller than 1:75,000. We have several
maps of the Bahamas but not this island. There’s a map series on the
Bahamas at 1:25,000 and there’s also a DMA nautical chart at 1:75,000.
Is anyone willing to do an ILL loan or scan the map (he prefers a
digital image). In WorldCat there’s a record for Bahamas, scale
1:25,000, Abaco and there are 27 maps. His area of interest is Marsh
Harbor, so he wouldn’t need all 27 maps just the map or couple of maps
that would cover this area. The nautical chart is chart no. 26321. We
have the chart, but only the edition from 1920, the 9^th edition was
published in 1995 and is titled: West Indies, the Bahamas, Abaco Island,
Hope Town and approaches. The 1920 edition doesn’t go quite far enough
north. He’s interested in any topographic maps up to 1:100,000 scale.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Chris

Chris Kollen

Research Support Services Librarian