Date:
Mon, 29 Oct 2007 11:46:03 -0500
Hello,

I am the primary writer for Library Journal's Movers and Shakers issue.
We are now soliciting nominations for this honor, and I'd love to have some
map librarians and GIS librarians nominated (I don't think we've done
any yet). Could you post the following to your blog?

It's time once again for nominations for Library Journal's Movers
and Shakers issue,
<http://www.libraryjournal.com/info/CA606274.html>.

This supplement to the March 15, 2008 issue will profile "50-plus
up-and-coming individuals from across the United States and
Canada who are innovative, creative, and making a difference" in
the profession.

If you've ever wondered, "Why aren't they profiling more [fill in the
blank: sci-tech librarians, archivists, library consortium staff,
independent information professionals, library marketing staff,
local history librarians, library consultants or vendors, library
program directors, or whatever your own specialization is"],
keep in mind that we can only write about people who get
nominated in the first place! Please get your nominations in
by November 15. Thanks!

Thanks very much for your assistance.

Cordially,

Marylaine

Marylaine Block
Writer and Internet Librarian
http://marylaine.com

Rock Music Quote of the Week:

the sun is sinking sooner and the weeds have won at last
    Cheryl Wheeler