From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 2000 15:56:49 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 14:39:47 -0400
From: ahudson <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Kids Discover, October 2000
Sender: ahudson <[log in to unmask]>

fyi, folks, this monthly children's magazine is on the topic of  maps
this month. So far, I have not been able to find it, but am going to the Barnes
& Noble monster bookstore with newstand, and hope its there.

I am forwarding Lisa Davis Allen's informative statement on this from Maphist.
Do not email her, she does not have or sell the mag.

Alice Hudson
Map Division, NYPL

Author:  [log in to unmask] at Internet
Date:    09/30/2000 12:00 PM

per Alice Hudson's questions:

KIDS DISCOVER is children's magazine that devotes itself to one specific
topic with each publication (monthly.) In the past it has investigated
topics such as Pyramids, Oceans, Explorers, Weather, Space, da Vinci,
Language, and Inventions.  If you have kids, it is well worth the cost.  My
sons love it. For anyone interested: Kids Discover, 149 Fifth Avenue, New
York, NY 10010. Phone (212) 677-4457.  The map issue is MAPS, Vol. 10, 9
(October 2000)
Lisa Davis Allen
University of Texas at Tyler
Department of Art