From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 2010 10:43:06 -0500
Subject:        RE: aerial photo storage
Date:   Tue, 27 Apr 2010 11:20:03 -0400
From:   Curtis, Gwen <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship

About 5 years ago we made arrangements with ICI-Binding to make what they called StorPak enclosures (archival pizza-box style boxes) for our air photos.  We sent them the measurements and they made the boxes to order.  They made over 100 boxes for us at about $6.25 each.  The cost came from the library's regular binding budget since we already had a contract with ICI at the time.  We still store the boxes in file cabinets, but they could go on shelving just as easily.  See the following web page for examples.

http://www.thehfgroup.com/brenclosures/fluted-products/kasebox-enclosures/

Gwen Curtis
University of Kentucky Libraries
Science Library Map Collection