From:
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 1995 12:07:41 EST
5 messages.............................Johnnie

    : Mon, 20 Mar 1995 22:28:35 -0600
    : [log in to unmask] (Peter H. Dana)
       : Re: CIA 8 1/2" x 11" maps

>Has anyone found scanned versions of
>these available over the Internet? I've
>found in the CIA Factbook some continent
>ones, but only downloadable as postscript,
>not as gif.
>Mary Larsgaard
>UCSB

Many CIA maps are scanned and available on the World Wide Web from the
University of Texas PCL Map Collection at URL:

http://www.lib.utexas.edu/Libs/PCL/Map_collection/Map_collection.html

Peter
Peter H. Dana - Department of Geography - University of Texas at Austin
Austin, Texas 78712-1098 - Tel: (512) 869-1450 - Fax: (512) 869-0899

    : Mon, 20 Mar 95 22:45:34 CST
    : Hal Barker <[log in to unmask]>
       : RE: CIA 8 1/2" x 11" maps

I have a couple of CIA related Web sites in my Web Server
Korean War Project http://www.onramp.net/~hbarker. Part II.

Go the the map section in Part II. This is a sneaky way to
have you look at what I think is a timely subject.

Hal.

Hal Barker, Dallas, Texas  B.A. History, N.C.S.U. 1973
Honorary Life Member - 23d Infantry Regiment, Korean War Branch
Founder - Korean War Veterans Memorial Trust Fund, Wash. D.C.
[log in to unmask]     Amateur Radio WD0HTG, ex WA4AQE

SEE: Korean War Project at http://www.onramp.net/~hbarker

    : Mon, 20 Mar 1995 19:16:19 -1000
    : Riley Moffat <[log in to unmask]>
       :  CIA 8 1/2" x 11" maps -Reply

I have found the CIA's page size maps via the GNN Travel Center
(http://www.digital.com/gnn/meta/travel/) in the U.S. State
Department's Travel Warnings and Consular Information Sheets
maintained by St. Olaf College in Northfield, MN
(http:www.stolaf.edu/network/travel-advisories.html) and at the
Perry-Castaneda Library Map Collection at the
University
of
Texas
at
Austin
(http://www.lib.utexas.edu/Libs/PCL/Map_collection/Map_collection.html).
I hope they are in the right format for you.

Riley Moffat

    : Tue, 21 Mar 95 08:06 EST
    : "Diana.Rivera" <[log in to unmask]>
       : CIA 8 1/2" x 11" maps

I think they are under the UT-Austin Perry Castaneda home page.

Diana Rivera

    : Tue, 21 Mar 1995 08:59:11 -0700
    : [log in to unmask] (Stephen Littrell)
       : Re: CIA 8 1/2" x 11" maps

The Universtiy of Texas at Austin Map Collection has scanned in numerous
CIA maps (and we're in the middle of scanning their atlases.)  Also
included is a large collection of State Department maps for international
cities.  Here's the URL:
http://www.lib.utexas.edu/Libs/PCL/Map_collection/Map_collection.html

Stephen