From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jan 2008 14:04:45 -0600
------- Original Message --------
Subject:        RE: Birds-eye-view exhibitions and Future Festival of Maps
Date:   Tue, 22 Jan 2008 14:02:47 -0600
From:   Youngblood, Dawn <[log in to unmask]>
To:     <[log in to unmask]>

 Alice

 I would love to see those exhibitions and hope I can. Have you seen
 our Texas bird's eye views online? http://www.birdseyeviews.org/

 I hope to soon be placing online Dallas historic air photos from the
 1930s and 1940s. The way I plan it, these should be searchable via a
 map grid and zoom-able with more than 3,500 landmarks identified.

 By the way, the Chicago Festival of Maps where I last saw you truly
 inspired me. What if every several years a different major city around

 the country or across the world sponsored a festival of maps? I think
 it would be grand, of course. One year New York, a few years later
 Dallas, a few years after that, San Francisco, and so on.... Dawn

 Dawn Youngblood
 Dr. Dawn Youngblood
 Curator, Edwin J. Foscue Map Library
 Southern Methodist University