From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 2009 08:20:18 -0600
Subject:        Re: Maps+Quilts= ?
Date:   Sat, 03 Jan 2009 16:01:19 -0500
From:   Paige Andrew <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

I would catalog this as a cartographic item first and foremost, with
the most exceptional descriptive change being done in the Physical
Description field (MARC field 300) to cover the aspect of the map
being on a quilt, and fortify it with notes that clarify the
situation. Geographic and other subject headings might be interesting
for this one, though if these quilts are based on actual satellite
images, topo sheets, etc. it wouldn't be overly difficult.

Paige