From:
Maps-L Moderator for Mike Buscher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 10 Mar 2009 09:05:09 -0500
Subject:        Re: Dust/Residue on Maps
Date:   Tue, 10 Mar 2009 09:40:19 -0400
From:   Michael J Buscher <[log in to unmask]>
To:     <[log in to unmask]>
CC:     Diane Schug-O'Neill <[log in to unmask]>, John R Hebert <[log in to unmask]>

Jenny,
   We have noticed that the materials from India and Pakistan seem to have a musty smell when we unpack them and they also seem dusty. The smell usually goes away after a day or two. In the twenty some years I have been involved LC acquisitions this has always been the case. We had our conservation office check the materials a few years ago and they found no fungui or spores.

Mike Buscher