From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jane Carlson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Aug 1998 15:58:45 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 11:41:32 -0500
From: Jane Carlson <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Dup. CIA maps, free for the asking
Sender: Jane Carlson <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]

Hello,

The Law Library here has decided not to keep their collection of
superseded CIA depository maps.  They had already given away most of them
when we decided to take whatever they had left (titles at the end of the
alphabet) and add a few missing ones to our collection.  We're now left
with 124 of the small CIA maps and 108 of the larger size CIA depository
maps which we don't need either.  If any map collection at an academic
library would like to have these, please let me know!  We will pay
postage to mail them to any library in the U.S. but would like to be
reimbursed for shipping costs outside the country.  The dates of the maps
range from the '70s to the '90s, but primarily they are '80s and '90s.
The small maps are titles beginning primarily with letters <bold>R -
Z</bold>, and the larger ones are primarily titles beginning with letters
<bold>P - Z.</bold>

It would be easiest, of course, if any collection would like to receive
all of them, or at least all of the small or all of the larger maps, but
... if there are specific titles/dates/su docs numbers you'd like to
request, we'll look for them.  I'm not too keen right now on typing a
list of over a hundred of them to put out on the listserv!

I will mention that there is one spiral-bound atlas:  SHANGHAI STREET
GUIDE, 1985,

PrEx 3.10/4: Sh 2/3, if anyone is particularly interested in that.

Please send your complete mailing address to me when you request maps.
Thanks!

Jane Carlson

Map Collection Assistant

University of Iowa Libraries

Iowa City, IA  52242-1420                     [log in to unmask]

--- End Forwarded Message ---