From:
"J. B. Post" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Nov 1996 16:19:15 EST
   Yesterday I took the car in for the 6,000 mile check up and was able to
spend quite a bit of time in a nearby Barnes & Noble bookstore.  One of the
things I looked over were the books on wine.  There seems to be a plethora of
wine atlases and wine books illustrated with maps.  Has anyone ever done a
comparative review of the cartography in such books?  I don't mean a review of
the text, but a comparison of the "information bearing" ability of the
different graphic techniques.  Not sure if this worth doing, however
interesting it might be intrinsically.