From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 2008 14:30:41 -0500
Subject:        R: Skeleton Maps
Date:   Tue, 22 Jul 2008 21:17:30 +0200
From:   Piero A. Bianco <[log in to unmask]>
To:     'Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum' <[log in to unmask]>

From the description, I think that "skeleton maps" are the same called in
Italy "Carta muta" (silent map) and were used at school exams.
The teacher showed a mountain, or a river, or a city, and asked the pupil to
tell the correct name.
I remember that in my old atlas (used when I was 11 years old) there were
standard maps and a section with some "Carte mute".
Unfortunately I haven't got that atlas.

Piero Ausonio