From:
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2012 11:27:17 -0500
Subject: Re: Moving map cases
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 09:19:56 -0700
From: Charles E Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship <[log in to unmask]>

When we moved our entire Map Library from the 2nd floor to the basement,
we used one of those hand trucks that will fold down flat into a cart.
We then put a couple layers of heavy cardboard over it--but not so heavy
that it couldn't bend if we needed it to.  Then we stacked the maps in
folders on the cart to push into the elevator.  I found that the drawers
were WAY to heavy and large to try to remove from the cases while they
had maps in them.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Chuck Robinson
Map & Document Assistant

University of Nevada Reno
DeLaMare Library/MS 262
1664 N. Virginia Street
Reno, NV 89557-0262
Ph.   (775)682-7383
Fax   (775)784-6949

On Aug 17, 2012, at 9:11 AM, Angie Cope, American Geographical Society