From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Dec 2007 09:36:07 -0600
Subject:        aluminum meter stick?
Date:   Mon, 17 Dec 2007 10:27:05 -0500
From:   Weessies, Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

Our cataloger's aluminum meter stick has come up missing, and I would like to get a new one.  But wow, I've been to every office supply, art supply & etc. website I can think of and can't find one.

Dick Blick has several yardsticks, but none are in metric.  All the metric ones I've found are too short for map cataloging.  One she's currently borrowing is by "Johnson Level" but my cataloger prefers her old one (vendor unknown) which was slightly thicker and sturdier.  I can't even find the Johnson Level meter stick online anywhere.

We prefer not the cork-backed rules, so as to slide over the maps more gently.

Any suggestions?

Kathleen Weessies
Geosciences/Planning Librarian
Michigan State University