From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2006 11:30:09 -0500
Subject:        Preservation question
Date:   Mon, 17 Jul 2006 11:42:33 -0400
From:   Joan Goodbody <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

Preservation Question. How do people preserve/maintain their topo maps
that are checked out?
Here we used to linenize them. That is no longer being done.
There are alternatives so I would like to know what the map world is
doing.
Would laminating the heavily used ones be a good idea? or would it be
more cost friendly to buy laminated ones ? (I found some at a private
source) or buy the waterproof ones available at the same place?
It would be nice to know what others have as their policy on this issue.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Joan
Joan Goodbody
Government Documents Librarian