From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2006 10:52:02 -0500
Subject:        Re: MAPS-L: Harvard gets a geography dept
Date:   Mon, 14 Aug 2006 10:39:22 -0500
From:   Salim Mohammed <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

The Center for Geographic Analysis is not at the same level as a
department, with a strong focus on analysis, especially GIS.  I am not
ready to call it a department yet, although I have heard that is
eventually going to become a full-fledged department.  It certainly
isn't listed as one on their website.  However it is many steps up from
University of Chicago, which used to (and perhaps still does) have a
Committee on Geography, another school that dropped Geography a while ago.

Best, Salim

--
G. Salim Mohammed
MA, Library Information Studies, May 2006 and

[log in to unmask] | (608)442-0090
"Live simply so others can simply live." - M.K. Gandhi.