From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 10 Nov 2009 10:21:06 -0600
Subject:        vegetation map of Yosemite National Park
Date:   Tue, 10 Nov 2009 10:35:07 -0500
From:   Grabach, Kenneth A. Mr. <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>

I have just learned of a recently completed vegetation mapping project
for Yosemite National Park

http://www.nps.gov/yose/naturescience/vegetation-map.htm and
http://www.nps.gov/yose/parkmgmt/upload/6.08%20Vegetation%20Map.pdf

The image with the sample inset is linked at UC Berkeley’s Checklist of
Online Vegetation and Plant Distribution Maps
http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/EART/vegmaps3.html

http://www.nps.gov/yose/naturescience/images/veg.map-web_1.jpg

Does anyone know whether a complete version, with data files and
metadata, of this map will be published and released by National Park
Service or the Geological Survey? A DVD or CD in the Data Series or the
Open File Reports series would be ideal. I realize this is early days,
but if anyone closer to the project has information to share, I would be
very grateful.

I am always on the lookout for vegetation maps, especially of large or
medium scale, such as this. Print editions and online versions are
equally valuable.

Ken Grabach <[log in to unmask]>

Maps Librarian Phone: 513-529-1726

Miami University Libraries