From:
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 15:54:06 -0500
Subject: Re: Map curators' training - US?
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 18:18:20 -0800
From: Liz Paulus <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Dear MAPS-Listers,

This message about UK training opportunities reminded me that I need to ask
the question of this group --

Where can an aspiring map/cartography librarian do training, internships,
short (or long term) appointments, and the like here in the United States?

I have heard a bit about programs like Alice Hudson's Pratt Institute
course in 2002, and the LC's Summer Program, but have little in the way of
concrete information about upcoming programs in 2004 and 2005. I do plan to
attend an convention or two this year, but are there any outside of the
usual round (ALA, SLA)? Any suggestions that you have would be appreciated.

If you prefer to respond off-list, I'll compile responses as appropriate
and repost to the list.

Thanks to all for your consideration,

Liz Paulus
Candidate for MLS (May 2004)
Emporia State University, Kansas / Oregon Program

/also/

Regional Editor, Oregon
Guide to U.S. Map Resources, 3rd Edition (in progress)
Student Member: ALA/MAGERT, WAML, OLA, and SLA.