From:
Date:
Wed, 4 Jan 2012 08:01:57 -0600
Subject: AMS maps
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 21:29:18 +0000
From: Robert Lopresti <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship <[log in to unmask]>

I am in the process of weeding our map collection.  We have thousands of
maps from the Army Map Service, 1940s-1960s.  All around the world, and
mostly in 1:250,000 scale.  I see that they seem to be available on the
web in the Perry-Castaneda collection.

Considering that this is a zero-sum game (something has to leave the
collection), my question is: how useful are these today, and in what
circumstances?  You can assume we will be keeping those for our core
areas of interest.

Thanks,
Rob

Rob Lopresti
Map Librarian, Liaison for Huxley College and Government Information
Librarian
Western Washington University