From:
Date:
Mon, 4 May 1998 15:55:43 EDT
3 messages.----Johnnie

>Date: Mon, 04 May 1998 09:47:58 -0700
>From: Linda Zellmer <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: RE: cutter for Manila?

Hello All,

        I have another suggestion for how to find cutters.  The Library
of Congress Catalog can be searched online from their web site
http://www.loc.gov/catalog/.  You can search for maps only from the
browse option or do a simple name/title word search in the entire
catalog.  Since these are records for items that LC owns, they are also
records for items that LC has cataloged.  A search on the LC catalog for
maps of Manila reveals that they are using G8064.M5 as a call number for
Manila.

        By the way, I have also used the LC catalog to help me identify
dates for published maps without discernable date information (such as
some of the Freytag Berndt maps).  Hope this suggestion helps.  Linda
Zellmer

Linda Zellmer
Map Librarian
Arizona State University Libraries
P.O. Box 871006
Tempe, Arizona  85287-1006
Phone: (602) 965-5973
Fax:  (602) 965-0883
EMail: [log in to unmask]

>Date: Mon, 04 May 1998 14:33:05 -0200
>From: Alberta Auringer Wood <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Cutter for Manila?

The NUC CM fiche, as noted by earlier posters, shows a Cutter within G 8064
of .M5 for Manila.
        Alberta

At 04:48 PM 5/2/98 EDT, you wrote:
>I am finally forced to come out of  Lurkdom and ask a question.
>
>Does anyone have a cutter list for more than just U.S. regions and cities?
 And does it happen to have a cutter for Manila (Philippines) on it?

>If anyone could supply me with this information it would be greatly
appreciated.

>Thank you!
>
>Laura Ayling
>Maps Cataloger
>Oregon Historical Society

>Date: Mon, 04 May 1998 13:17:15 -0400
>From: Gwen Curtis <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Cutter for Manila?

My microfiche copy of the NUC of Cartographic Materials Geographic Class
Code Index shows that LC uses the number G6084.M5 for Manila. -- Gwen Curtis

Gwen Curtis ([log in to unmask])
Map Collection
University of Kentucky Libraries
Lexington, KY 40506-0039