From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kirsten Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Aug 1998 15:36:53 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 17:22:25 -0500
From: Kirsten Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Sanborn preservation question
Sender: Kirsten Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]

I have a question!

We at the Milwaukee Public Library have Sanborn atlases for
the city of Milwaukee.  Ours are bound volumes with
double-sided leaves.  We found out from our friend
Christopher Baruth at the AGS collection that they were
issued as single sided leaves.  Ours have some sort of
muslin glued between two sequential sheets to make
double-sided leaves.  Our leaves are very badly warped (like
when you drop a regular book into water).  My questions:
does anyone else have Sanborns in this format?  are they
warped like ours?  and what have you done to preserve them?

Please respond to the list, and many thanks,

Kirsten Thompson
Milwaukee Public Library

--- End Forwarded Message ---