Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2006 07:48:50 -0600
Subject:        RE: MAPS-L: LIBER Groupe des Cartothecaires
Date:   Thu, 30 Nov 2006 09:05:39 -0000
From:   John Moore <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

Dear Alice and all others interested,

The Groupe des Cartothecaires would be delighted to welcome any guests from your side of the Atlantic to Amsterdam in 2008. In fact, David Cobb of Harvard University Library was the keynote speaker at our 2004 conference in Cambridge and anyone who wishes to be a corresponding member would be more than welcome to contact me. At present, activity is limited, largely due to the limited time availability of so many of our colleagues in European map libraries. However, we have a Working Group on Education which is chaired by Nick Millea (Bodleian Library, Oxford), see the web-site at:

http://www.maps.ethz.ch/gdc-education.html

It is maintained by Juerg Buehler (Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule, Zurich).

The organising committee for the Amsterdam conference made a presentation in Paris and anyone who remembers the ICHC conference there in the 1980s will know what a wonderful place the city is for maps, beer and good company.

I look forward to welcoming any visitors to our deliberations and activities there.

All good wishes,

John Moore

John N. Moore,
Physical Sciences and Map Librarian,