From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Apr 2011 12:46:58 -0500
Subject:        Book on History of New York State Maps Available on Web
Date:   Tue, 19 Apr 2011 10:39:39 -0700
From:   Dyallen2 <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

Those of you who are interested in historical maps of New York State may
want to take a look at my new book in html format on my personal Web
site at http://www.dyasites.com/maps/nysbook/Title.htm.
"The Mapping of New York State: A Study in the History of Cartography"
provides an overview for librarians and researchers who want an
introduction to this subject. For those who want to study a particular
aspect of the book in depth, it includes extensive footnotes and links
to images on the Web.
This is very much a work in progress, and I have not decided what
format(s) will be used for the final publication. I welcome corrections
and suggestions for improvement.
David Allen
Map Librarian, Stony Brook University (retired)