From:
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2005 14:37:26 -0500
Subject: Re: JPEG2000 program to build a georeferenced mosaic]
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 11:37:56 -0700
From: Chris 'Xenon' Hanson <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps and Air Photo Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Johnnie D. Sutherland wrote:
> I was given a tip that there is a program using JPEG 2000 that would help
> the user build a mosaic  of georeferenced digital orthophotos. Is it
> currently sold by LizardTech? Under what name? I was told it is not the
> Mr.SID product. Or is it marketed by another firm?

   I believe ERMapper does this, though I'm not sure which version is
required to do it.
ERM is moving towards extensive support of the JPEG 2000 standard, and
their ERMapper
product is excellent for mosaicking, balancing and compressing
georeferenced digital
remote-sensed images.

   I'm cc'ing Chris Ribbel at ERM, who may wish to add further comments.
Anyone with
questions is welcome to contact him, me, or the list directly, I'll be
happy to summarize
to the list when the discussion is done.

--
Chris 'Xenon' Hanson, omo sanze lettere                  Xenon
AlphaPixel.com