From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2008 12:34:10 -0600
Subject:        Spring WAML meeting in Las Vegas
Date:   Thu, 14 Feb 2008 10:22:44 -0800
From:   [log in to unmask]
To:     [log in to unmask]

If you are planning to attend the spring WAML meeting in fabulous Las
Vegas, please mail your registration by February 19th. There will be no
onsite registration. We are having talks on flood hazard mapping, maps
of the Spanish Trail, and on historic southern Nevada maps. We will also
have map encapsulation and map scanning demos, a map preservation
workshop, a tour of the Atomic Testing Museum, a banquet at a restaurant
formerly owned by Liberace, and a tour of Death Valley, possibly with
wild flowers.

Meeting information and a registration form are at:
http://www.library.unlv.edu/conferences/WAML/ or from a link under
"meetings" on the WAML homepage at: http://waml.org/

Katherine Rankin
Meeting host
University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries