From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Aug 1998 10:18:16 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 09:20:55 -0400
From: David Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: DigiNews Article on Map Digitization
Sender: David Allen <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]

     Some of you may be interested in an article I have recently published
on digitizing maps.  It can be found in the August issue of RLG DigiNews.
Since  that publication is not widely read in cartographic circles, I am
taking the liberty of drawing your attention to it.

     The article is entitled "Creating and Distributing High Resolution
Cartographic Images."  It covers some of the same ground as Issue No. 12 of
Meridian, but it is more up to date and contains a good deal of technical
information.  The focus is on reformating paper maps as raster images and
distributing them on the Web.  The article also contains many links to
sites with digital images of maps.  The URL is:
<http://www.rlg.org/preserv/diginews>.

--- End Forwarded Message ---