From:
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 1996 09:35:52 EDT
2 messages.-----------------------Johnnie

message----------------------------

>Can somebody tell me where it is possible to buy (or better yet to
download
>from the internet), moderate resolution satellite and/or aerial
photographs
>of a given region (For example, one's hometown) ??
>
>I'm not talking about the super high -resolution, "spy satellite"
stuff.
> I'm talking about photos covering an area of, perhaps, 10 Km  x  10
Km,
>with a resolution on the order of tens of meters.
>
>Is there a FAQ on this topic ??
>
>THANKS IN ADVANCE ...... [log in to unmask]

   I would start with the
U.S. Geological Survey
EROS Data Center
Customer Service
Sioux Falls, SD 57198
Telphone (605) 594-6151

internet address [log in to unmask]

The basis for all this is to know the longitude and latitude of the area
you atre interested in.
I have acquired older 1950's aerial photos of certain areas.  I have not
acquired any modern satellite photos but the people at the above address
are very helpful.  When you do locate an address for your photos would
you let me know what it is

Good Luck
Bob Cerra

>Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996 09:40:58 -0400
>From: [log in to unmask] (L. A. Nadybal )
>Subject: Re: Where to obtain satellite photos ?

Mr. Wallace,
You can get what you need at the US Gological Survey's EROS Data Center,
which is the US government corporation that distributes US satellite and
NASA images.  The offer downloading, prints and CD ROM formats.

Go to http://edcwww.cr.usgs.gov.

There is also a commercial CD ROM series that might have what you need put
out by a company in San Francisco called Small Blue Planet.  Sorry.  No address.

Have fun.

Regards

>Can somebody tell me where it is possible to buy (or better yet to download
>from the internet), moderate resolution satellite and/or aerial photographs
>of a given region (For example, one's hometown) ??
>
>I'm not talking about the super high -resolution, "spy satellite" stuff.
> I'm talking about photos covering an area of, perhaps, 10 Km  x  10 Km,
>with a resolution on the order of tens of meters.
>
>Is there a FAQ on this topic ??
>
>THANKS IN ADVANCE ...... [log in to unmask]

L. [log in to unmask]