Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2007 08:54:22 -0600
Subject:        Atlas Maior of 1665, and derivatives/sub-sets?
Date:   Thu, 01 Feb 2007 14:31:20 -0600
From:   Chieko Maene <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

Hi,

Our collection development dept asked me if we would like to acquire the
following items selected by our approval plan (notification slip dated
1/03/07).

- Germania, Austria & Helvetia (Atlas Maior series)
- Gallia: France (Atlas Maior series)
- Anglia, Scotia & Hibernia (Atlas Maior series)
- Belgica Regia & Belgica Foederata (Atlas Maior series)
- Hipania, Portugallia, Africa & America (Atlas Maior series)
- Italia (Atlas Maior series)

It looks to me that these atlases were derived from "Atlas Maior of
1665" (a huge & beautiful atlas) which we acquired last year. If all
maps are already available from the original (Atlas Maior of 1665), I
think we don't need to acquire the items above. But, I am not sure. I
would greatly appreciate it if anybody from the map world could tell me
the difference between "Atlas Maior of 1665" and the sub-sets above..

Thank you so much for the help in advance!

Chieko
--
Chieko Maene
Map Librarian