From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Feb 2010 08:49:13 -0600
Subject:        thanks from Tom Lindsey
Date:   Thu, 4 Feb 2010 17:54:21 -0600
From:   Lindsey, Thomas K <[log in to unmask]>

"Thanks for the information.  I have to doublecheck an Ohio library catalog again, but I think that I have found one that does.

The system became complicated in 1999 when a cutter code for national forest or national grassland was inserted in front of the quadrangle number on any map that has a part of a national forest or national grassland.    I have compiled a list of about 100  Cutter   codes.  It makes filing "very interesting" if you file by including the Cutter code, instead of ignoring it.

Here is a record from our catalog:

http://pulse.uta.edu/vwebv/holdingsInfo?bibId=1293634

I am trying to write a guide that explains how to find a map in our drawers.  It is not an easy task.    thanks for your help.  Tom Lindsey U T Arlington Library"