From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jan 2006 08:07:15 -0600
Subject:        New York State Census maps
Date:   Sat, 28 Jan 2006 15:44:40 -0500
From:   [log in to unmask]
To:     Maps List <[log in to unmask]>

Hi all;

I am trying to help our Gov Docs librarian to assist a patron with
locating census maps to go with the data. The census is NOT the US
census, but instead is the old New York State Census, which was
conducted separately from the national one up until, I believe, 1925.

Does anyone have access to New York State census maps from 1925 or any
of the decades back into the 1800s? In particular, we are trying to find
maps, showing block census boundaries for: Lackawanna, NY (a suburb of
Buffalo NY).

Please let me know if you may have any of this, and I can have our Gov
Doc librarian contact you with specific details.

Thank you all very much.

David J. Bertuca, Map Librarian
University at Buffalo