From:
"P. Andrew Ray" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 1995 14:56:54 EST
I am a grad student a UWO, London, Ont.  I saw Linda Zellmer's comment
about scanning historic maps at high resolution and storing them for future
reference.  Oddly enough, this is exactly what I am doing for my thesis
research.  That is, I am trying to develop a cost-effective method of
scanning, saving and making available high demand items using commercially
available software and inexpensive hardware.  If anyone has any questions
and/or comments and/or suggestions, please contact me directly at my e-mail
address.  I am looking forward to hearing some of your thoughts.
P. Andrew Ray, Dept of Geog, UWO.