From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 May 2010 14:32:19 -0500
Subject:        RE: WWII silk maps - care & preservation
Date:   Tue, 4 May 2010 14:28:29 -0500
From:   Kadri, Carolyn J <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>

Kim,

Thanks for your e mail message regarding care & preservation of WWII silk maps. I have an additional question. Does LC ever put silk and/or other cloth maps under a mylar protection without sealing? Is there any reason from a preservation standpoint that mylar (when it is not sealed on all sides)should not be used in the storage of silk maps?

Thanks again for sharing.

Carolyn Kadri
Special Collections Cataloger
University of Texas at Arlington