From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anita Sprankle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 12:59:53 -0400
We have been subscribing to the maps for Pennsylvania since July and
have been getting very positive feedback.  We also have the microfilm
set for PA and it has been very heavily used for several years.  As soon
as special funds can be appropriated, we will be purchasing Pennsylvania
rather than subscribing to the database ($18,300 minus the annual
subscription of $2750).  The annual fee will be $525.  Even though there
are some drawbacks to the digital version, our patrons are delighted
with the opportunity to have access to the maps on- as well as
off-campus.

Anita Sprankle
Maps & Electronic Resources
Kutztown University