From:
Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 1997 12:50:07 EDT
2 messages.-------------------Johnnie

>Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 15:17:34 -0700
>From: Patricia Antrim <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Geol maps on cd-rom (fwd)

Sue, the Government Printing Office has worked
with map librarians to develop Recommended
Workstation requirements for Spatial Data.
They are at http://www.access.gpo.gov/su_docs/dpos/mintech.html

Pat

--
Patricia Antrim, Government Documents Librarian
Library Services, Central Missouri State University

>Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 11:20:24 -0400
>From: [log in to unmask] (nkandoian)
>Subject: Re"2": Geol maps on cd-rom (fwd)

In Administrative Notes, the newsletter that goes to depository libraries, issue
of June 15, 1996, there was publication of a "Spatial data supplement to
Recommended minimum specifications for public access work stations in Federal
Depository Libraries."  (If I understand correctly, this may be relevant to your
needs.)  I kept a copy of this, which John Stevenson put on MAPS-L, and I will
forward it directly to you, Sue Ann and Steve.  But can anyone on Maps-L cite
the updated version of this which I believe appeared in a 1997 issue of
Administrative Notes?

Nancy Kandoian
Map Division
New York Public Library