From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 9 Oct 2009 12:14:35 -0500
Subject:        RE: Re: Anyone Know What This Bizarre Tree Line Is...? [Google
Maps]
Date:   Fri, 9 Oct 2009 13:11:24 -0400
From:   Coltman, Ted <[log in to unmask]>
To:     <[log in to unmask]>

The line of planted trees looks to me to surround what is labeled in the
map on page 110 of David Weintraub's "East Bay Trails: Hiking Trails in
Alameda and Contra Costa Counties" as the "Mendonca Ranch" and described
in the text on page 112 as "the site of a dairy ranch owned by J.B.
Mendonca, whose name first appears on land records in 1915." The dirt
road that leads into the property is labeled both "Riley Ridge Road" and
"EBMUD" (East Bay Municipal Utility District) on the terrain view in
Google Maps.

Edward (Ted) Coltman
Washington DC
e-mail [log in to unmask]