From:
Date:
Wed, 15 Jun 2011 08:25:02 -0500
Subject: RE: Maps-L is on Facebook
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 08:05:22 -0400
From: Grabach, Kenneth A. Mr. <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship <[log in to unmask]>

With the reasoning below, of which there is merit, one should not be
using anything on the Web that started with a search.  Pure and simple.
  When we use our buyer's card at the local grocery chain, they are
doing the same thing.  But my point about not paying attention to the
marketing is that there is little data being gathered that a marketer
can again use.  You might say that my use of free resources on the web
is on the backs of those who do use the marketers' advertising.

Ken Grabach                           <[log in to unmask]>
Maps Librarian                          Phone: 513-529-1726
Miami University Libraries
Oxford, Ohio  45056  USA