From:
Date:
Mon, 4 Jun 2012 08:06:20 -0500
forwarded ... by Angie

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: new "Help! I'm an Accidental Govt Info Librarian" webinar:
Fugitive Documents
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 20:31:14 -0400
From: Lynda Kellam <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]

All are welcome to attend this webinar. You do not need to be a government
information librarian. These are meant for anyone with an interest in the
area. For past webinars see our webpage:
http://www.nclaonline.org/government-resources

Thanks, Lynda

*Help! I’m an Accidental Government Information Librarian presents …
Hunting Down Fugitives and What to Do With Them Once You Found Them. *

The Government Resources Section of the North Carolina Library Association
welcomes you to a series of webinars designed to help us all do better
reference work by increasing our familiarity with government information
resources, and by discovering the best strategies for navigating them.

If you have ever search federal government agencies’ web sites and come
across a publication you have never seen before and wondered ‘why isn’t
this part of the depository program?’ Here is your chance to do something
about it.  On June 19th at 12 noon (ET), learn how to find publication
titles that have not yet made it into the depository program, how to
identify them as fugitives (aka Lost Docs), and how to report them to GPO
for inclusion into the program.

Vicki Tate has been a government documents librarian for over 20 years and
is currently the Depository Librarian at the University of South Alabama
Library.  She received her MLS from the University of Illinois at
Urbana-Champaign.

We will meet together for Session 17, online on June 19th from 12:00 – 1:00
p.m. (ET). Please RSVP for the Session by June 18 at 5:00 pm using this
link: http://tinyurl.com/grs-session17 <http://tinyurl.com/grs-session17%20>

Technical requirements: We will be using collaborative software called
Blackboard Collaborate. It requires that you be able to download Java onto
your computer, but you do not need any special software. After you RSVP, we
will send you a link that you can use to test the software. If you have any
questions, please contact Lynda Kellam ([log in to unmask]). You do not need
a microphone as a chat system is available in the software, but you do need
speakers or headphones.

The session will be recorded and made available after the live session,
linked from the NCLA GRS web page (
http://www.nclaonline.org/government-resources).

--
Lynda M. Kellam
Data Services & Government Information Librarian