Date:
Wed, 27 Dec 2006 08:20:03 -0600
Hi All,

I've been getting a lot of bounced emails from people who are out of the
office during the holidays. It would seem that many people have a
maximum disk quota for incoming email. If your inbox fills up, emails
get returned to their sender including the maps-l emails. Fortunately
for me, the uga system monitors these for me (I see them but filter them
out of the way). The system isn't as kind and considerate as I am and
will delete you from the subscription list after too many of these
bounced messages.

You don't need to unsubscribe while you're away from your email but can
change your settings to NOMAIL. Then, when you return, you can change it
back. If you prefer, you can try changing your settings to digest so
that rather than getting all the emails one at a time, you get a
compilation email - I believe at the end of the week.

To change your settings you can go here:
http://www.listserv.uga.edu/archives/maps-l.html

As you visit that link, you will also see that is where you can view the
archives. So, if you happen to change your settings to NOMAIL for a
brief while, you can visit the archives to catch up on what you've missed.

If you ever have problems changing your settings or searching the
archives, please don't hesitate to contact me. It's totally simple for
me to change your settings and preferable to loosing you as a subscriber.

Okay. That's it. Happiness to all!

Angie, Maps-L Moderator

P.S. If you work with someone that you know is out of the office for a
while, you might want to forward this email to them so they can double
check whether they're getting unsubscribed from the list ... for example
a couple of people at tamiu.edu