From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2011 09:05:58 -0600
Subject: [MapHist] Re: Light tables
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 11:54:54 -0800
From: Virginia R Hetrick PhD <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship <[log in to unmask]>
CC: Automatic digest processor <[log in to unmask]>

Hi, Hallie -

I'd encourage you to keep it, even if I'm not local to you folks.
When I was teaching and using a large process camera, it was
invaluable (and I had one at home which I carried to my office from
time to time).  Now, I usually use one for stripping 11x17 prints
together to make maps (that's the biggest size I can make on my
printer).  We recently put together two quads (separately) for a photo
field trip we're going to run next fall and we used a light table in a
local engineering office, just because one of my partners in crime to
do the field trip works there.

It seems to me that, just often enough, I need that kind of a
capability and, while I live in a large metro area just now, I'm not
so sure about other people.

HTH.

Virginia R. Hetrick, here in sunny California
Email:  [log in to unmask]
"There is always hope."
My fave:  http://www.washington.edu/cambots/camera1_l.gif
There's no place like:  34N 8' 25.40", 117W 58'5.36"
if you can't be at:  48N 6' 59.9" 122W 59' 54.2"