From:
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 1995 09:13:01 EDT
This message is from Peter Alvestad.----------Johnnie

(Moderator NOTE:  I have edited this message.  The original message was
around 2600 lines long.  Messages that long cause problems for many
subscribers to the list.  About 2500 lines of the message were in a printing
code and unreadable for many on the list.  I therefore deleted the
coded part of the message.  Please contact Mr. Alvestad directly if you
need the list (  [log in to unmask]  ).  I hope this meets with the
approval of the list.   Johnnie Sutherland, Moderator, Maps-L.)

>From: "Alvestad, Peter - (I)" <[log in to unmask]>
>Cc: "Steve Littrell U. of Texas at " <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Charts from DMA
>Date: Tue, 10 Oct 95 11:01:00 edt

I was given this eMail address by Mr. Steven Littrell (U. Texas).

 Our office at the Defense Mapping Agency is responsible for writing and
publishing the weekly Notice to Mariners.  We find it convenient to retain
old editions of nautical charts as reference material.  We have determined
that approximately 750 of these charts are no longer useful to us and wish to
dispose of them.  These charts were published by the Naval Hydrographic
Office between 1930 and 1960.  They vary in condition, some having been
updated with Notice to Mariners corrections.

 The 2 enclosures contain a list of these charts.  'List (Excel)' is a
Macintosh, Microsoft Excel 2.2 file format.  The file titled 'List (CSV-OS/2
or MS-DOS)' was saved as a CSV file.

 Because of these charts' historical value, we wish to donate these charts to
a museum or historical organization rather than simply throwing them out.  If
you have any interest in these charts, please write or fax us at the
following address, or call David Murvihill at (301) 227-3146 for more
details.  These charts will be given away on a first-come first-served basis.

      Peter Alvestad
      Chief, Notice to Mariners Branch
      Defense Mapping Agency

Defense Mapping Agency