From:
"Edward M. Taylor" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 1995 09:17:56 EST
Yes Sean, there is a Borgo Pass:

Birgaului, Pasul (pass) 47 deg 16 min N by 25 deg by 1 min E in Romania.
(Spelling with diacritics is:  Bi(circumflex)rga(breve)ului)

Variants:  Bargau, Pasul; Bargaului, Pasul; Borge Pass; Borgo Pass
(Spelling with diacritics:  Ba(circumflex)ga(breve)u;
Ba(circumflex)ga(breve)ului)

Also Bistritz is:

Bistrita (populated place) 47 deg 8 min N by 24 deg 29 min E in Romania
(Spelling with diacritics is:  Bistrit(cedilla)a

Variants:  Bistritz, Besztercze

The first name should be the correct Romanian name in both cases.  The
variants could be former names, spelling variations, or based on minority
languages.  Borgo and Borge appear to be English exonyms but neither is
coded as accepted for current usage.

Have fun,

Ed Taylor
GEOname Digital Gazetteer, GDE Systems, Inc.
Home Page: http://www.gdesystems.com
GEOname Page: http://www.gdesystems.com/IIS/SlipSheets/GEONAME.html