Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2006 08:25:35 -0600
Subject:        Persian vs. Arabian Gulf: early maps?
Date:   Thu, 14 Dec 2006 16:47:10 -0700
From:   Ken Rockwell <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

Hello, all:

I have a patron who is interested in the longstanding debate in the
Middle East as to what to call the gulf between Iran and the Arabian
Peninsula; you're probably familiar with it.  He'd like to find examples
of early maps (including non-Western) that portray and name the water
body.  I haven't found any non-Western maps in my historical atlases,
nor at David Rumsey's site.  Does anyone know of any good examples, esp.
Middle-East produced?  The earlier the better...

Thanks...

--Ken Rockwell
  Univ. of Utah