From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 2009 09:40:45 -0600
Subject:        RE: Map images through an online catalog
Date:   Fri, 20 Feb 2009 10:39:38 -0500
From:   Grabach, Kenneth A. Mr. <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>

The MARC 856 field provides the linking mechanism to use.  It would require having the server address for an individual file.  This is what Library of Congress does for the images of their maps.  Many of these also appear in other library OPACs (like ours).  Instead of mapping to somebody else's site, you would map it to the public site where your image(s) are archived.

Ken

Ken Grabach                           <[log in to unmask]>
Maps Librarian                         Phone: 513-529-1726
Miami University Libraries
Oxford, Ohio  45056  USA