From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Iain Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 16:08:28 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 17:01:09 -0500
From: Iain Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Isodemography
Sender: Iain Taylor <[log in to unmask]>

Some 20 or more years ago the National Film Board of Canada and Stats
Can produced an
'isodemographic ' map of Canada with areas proportional to population.
It may be viewable at
good map libraries nationwide or possibly obtainable as a colour photo
from National Archives
in Ottawa.  I am unaware of any digital copy.

Dr Iain Taylor
Halifax, NS
Iain Taylor <[log in to unmask]>

Johnnie Sutherland wrote:

   I am desperately trying to find a recent "weighted" map of North
America and/or Canada.  This map would be
   weighted by population (isodemographic) or by GDP.  I have tried
numerous sources, including university
   map libraries, National Geographic, Omni Resources, and Map Link.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

   Sandra Shoufani
   162 Cumberland Street, Suite 300
   Toronto, Ontario M5R 3N5