From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2001 17:10:02 -0400
Hi everyone:

I wanted to let everyone know that the locations for the MAGERT meetings and
programs are now available on the MAGERT web page.  The direct address is
http://www.sunysb.edu/libmap/magprogs.htm
<http://www.sunysb.edu/libmap/magprogs.htm>

Since ALA is early this year, there probably will not be another issue of
baseline before the conference.  You may want to make copies of the above
web page before you leave.  We will also have copies at the MAGERT reception
on Friday night.

We hope you can join us at our reception on Friday night, June 16th from 7-9
pm and at one or all of our programs.  Our programs cover a wide range of
topics -- from the opportunities and challenges of Census 2000 to basic map
cataloging; from creating online map libraries by digitizing historical maps
to using spatial data to prepare for natural disasters.   Our field trip is
Monday evening to the David Rumsey collection.

Hope to see you in San Francisco.

Chris Kollen
Chair
ALA Map and Geography Round Table