From:
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 15:07:12 -0500
Subject: RE: [Fwd: Topographic mapping of the Antarctic Peninsula?]
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 10:26:31 -0000
From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]

------------------
Ilene Raynes:

There is an international co-ordinating organization, whose website may
help
point the way: the Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research, based at
the
Scott Polar Research Institute, University of Cambridge (England - not
MA!).
Take a look at [http://www.scar.org/].  SCAR acts, i.a., as a 'clearing
house' for those nations producing maps and charts of Antarctica.

Additionally, the British Antarctic Survey (also in Cambridge) has
produced
an updated and downloadable version of its original 1993 CD-ROM: the
'Antarctic Digital Database' (version 3.0) contains "vector topographic
data
for Antarctica".

Sincerely
Francis Herbert (Curator of paper Maps (with a few CD-ROMs), RGS-IBG)
http://www.rgs.org [see 'Collections'/'Unlocking the Archives