From:
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 2004 16:35:44 -0400
Our library is planning a significant shifting project for the maps
collection during the next few months. We have noticed that the most
recently-received Bureau of Land Management 30x60 minute series
topographic maps (Surface Management Status) are arriving folded. Since
the previous maps in this series came flat, we have stored them flat in
the collection. Also, since these maps have a panel, they really should
be folded. So, we were wondering if there was a way to take the older
maps and fold them as well. I’m not terribly experienced with maps, so I
was wondering how other maps libraries have dealt with this issue. Is
there a machine that can perform this task?

Please reply off the list, using the email address below. Many thanks in
advance!

Hillary Campbell

Government Documents Librarian &

Liaison to the School of Management